Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Occupational Therapy

Today was Whitney's first day of Occupational Therapy.  The car seat was still in my moms car because my husband was too tired to move back to ours.  So my mom drove us! 
 I sat in the back and fed Whitney while she slept.  The appointment was at 11am which is usually her nap time.  We were running late so we got ther 20 after. 
When we got there Whitney stayed asleep in my arms for another 15 mins or so while I talked with the therapist and I eventually gently tried waking her up.  She is a very nice (pregnant) lady. 
When Whit awoke she was very nervous at first.  She has been in that room before but with a different therapist (her regular feeding therapist).  Also she was still really tired. 
 Eventually Whitney walked around the room and got in to the bean box and played with the OT...5 minutes later it was time to go.  We go again next week but this time it will be earlier! 

I might get Whitney's weight checked tomorrow.  I suppose that even though Whitney didn't gain much weight at all in the last 2 months she did gain  4 oz in the last two weeks.
 I think the difference was that when she vomited, we feed that amount back to her so that she didn't lose any calories.  Before, I just waited till her next feed which probably wasn't best. 

She threw up three different times today.  First was about 2 hours after her meal and she was just standing by me.  No crying or burp or gag or retching.  Just a random spew.
Next was in the car. I think she got car sick for sure. 
Last was when she was crying shortly after a bolus feed. I feed her while she was asleep at 3pm.  Whitney woke around 5:30pm and around 6 she was crying and vomited about 3oz or more.

Whitney's Blended Food Formula tonight for the next two days:

2c. Goat Milk
1c. Rolled Oats
1/2c. Mixed Berries
1 med Banana
1 med Apple
1/2c. dried Cranberries
ABOUT 980 cals in 3 cups

2c. Goat Milk
1c. Granola
1c. Mixed Vegetables
1/2c. spinach
1/2c. sweet potato
1 avocado
ABOUT 1,000 cals in 3 cups

These blends are what Whitney will get for the next two days. I also add in multivitamins, probiotics, and nutritional yeast.  I pray this will help her grow and be healthy and not vomit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment