Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Feeding Therapist and Dietician

The day started with the normal playing and breakfast and watching some of The Price is Right.  Then I went to get Whitney's pump and formula ready for mealtime.  I replaced the bag and primed the formula though the pump.  It clogged which is sometimes normal, so then I tried again and the pump just shut down!  Would not turn back on even when plugged in!  I was freaking out because she needed to eat right then, we were driving to Tucson in half an hour, and her surgery is tomorrow!  So I called up the feeding company, Option 1, and after a while they said a driver was in my area making delivers. He called me and said that he was a 10 mins away but headed north so I had to meet him at a McDonald's to exchange the pump (and I got my monthly supplies). It was 110 degree's outside!  I was an hour and a half late with Whitney's feed but somehow managed to get all 800 mL's in her throughout the day and night! 


My mom and I, with Whitney, drove to Tucson, AZ.  A two hour drive to see a therapist, Marsha Dunn-Klein and Dietician, Ellen Duperret, with mealtime connections and mealtime notions.  They were really good, nice, and knowledgeable.  We talked for two and a half hours.  Mostly giving them Whitney's history and feeding issues, lot's of information!  They also think a G-tube will help her better.  They will help with the Blenderized Diet if and when the Dr. says it's okay. They put her in the high chair and watched her eat some puffs and tried some puree baby food.  When we were getting ready to go, Whitney threw up in the waiting room, gross!


These are the last pictures you will see of her with the NG Tube! Tomorrow is the G-Tube surgery and Phoenix Children's Hospital.  Wish us luck, say a prayer, or send good vibes!!






























1 comment:

  1. We'll be praying for sure!!! Good luck little Whitney! Please post asap so we know how things went!!

    ReplyDelete