Monday, August 15, 2011

Whitney eating Ramen tubeless


I feel bad not feeding Whitney but now I know that it is the NG tube making her gag and throw up.  This morning she ate scrambled eggs, slept for 3 hours then ate some Ramen noodle soup chicken flavor and Saltines.  My mom and I put the tube in shortly after lunch and had Whitney on a slow drip so that she wouldn't throw up with a bolus feed.  Maybe, if I can get enough formula in her she would tolerate a slow drip and not vomit.  Of course that's super annoying for me because I have to hold the pump all day!  But that's what we do for our tubies! 
Also, last week, her physical therapist said that Whit is doing great and that she needs more speech/feeding therapy.  So that's a really good thing that she doesn't need much more physical therapy.  I'm looking forward to more feeding therapy and think it will be more useful once Whitney gets her G tube.  I think Whitney will do great on a G tube and once she gains a lot of weight and is really healthy, then we can ween her off!  (with out starving her!).
Also, I'm super excited because we get to go to Tucson to have Marsha Dunn-Klein from mealtimenotions evaluate Whitney!  I've heard she is the best and she and her dietitian can help us with a blenderized diet!  And it's covered by my insurance! Of course it's a crappy 2 and a 1/2 hour drive there but it'll be worth it!







No comments:

Post a Comment