Sunday, August 14, 2011

NG tube came out

Whitney will 13 months old in exactly one week from today...

I'm posting a couple videos of my daughter eating some Mac & Cheese.  Whitney threw up and was choking on her NG tube so we pulled it out. It was last replaced about 2 weeks ago anyway.  This is the first time she ate solids with out the tube.  I was amazed at how well she did!  Because normally she won't even try to eat it for one and if she does try, she gags on it and would throw up.   Now I know it's because of the feeding tube, having something in the back of my throat would make me gag too!  Whitney ended up about 10 pieces of Mac & Cheese!  I was so happy!  Later she actually ate about four Gerber Puffs sweet potato flavor and three graduates lil' crunchies veggie dip flavor! Also amazing! Normally she'll barely eat one and gag on those too.   After she fell asleep I fed her a bottle of Goat Milk Formula, thicken with powdered rice cereal in a Dr. Brown bottle and she drank 90 mL's or 3 oz!  Pretty good!  Instead of giving her the Revatio, we put the oxygen on her at 1/4 Liter Flow.  And are monitoring her sat's.  So far so good!  I will try another bottle in a few hours, around 2AM If she doesn't take that then I will put the Ng tube in a start a slow drip.  Then pull it out in the morning and see how she does eating with out it!  10 days till G tube surgery...
These videos are for educational purposes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment