Saturday, October 8, 2011

Good News all around!

Pediatric Surgeon says absolutely no GJ- tube or Fundoplication for Whitney!  No GJ-tube because she has had a bad experience with it and just doesn't like them.  No Fundo because she does not want to do another surgery on Whitney, especially in the same area as her CDH repair where the Gortex patch is.  I also did research on these two options and they both sound terrible! Thank goodness I don't have to stress about those, anymore. The surgeon also said that we can start up the blenderized diet in 2 weeks!  Yay!

They said that if the button comes out then you should immedately put it back in and check placement. Tape it to the skin so it's stable. They told/showed me how to check placment for the Mic-key button.  I would simply connect the straight extension and get fluid in it by gravity or pulling it out with a syringe.  If absolutely no fluid comes out at all then, it is not in place.  Do not feed if the Mic-key button is not in the right place or it will cause major damage and pain.  Go to the surgeon's office and they will replace it.    The nurse was like, you should ALWAYS carry an extra button, BUT you don't have to!  Yeah, didn't make much sense to me either!


We got Whitney weighed and she was 17 lbs. 3oz.  Yay!  So happy she gained weight!  That was with feeding her 800-900 ml's a day!  So the increase in formula helped out a lot!  Whitney seems happier now that I'm feeding her more!

Remember how I said that I think Whitney will always vomit!?!  Well, It started on Monday, I gave her our Goat Milk Formula all night.  I decided to give it to her for the morning feed because I'm tired of her always throwing that up.  And again for the next one, and for the rest of the day she got goat milk.  And.....she did not throw up that entire day!!  So I gave it to her all night again.  In the morning I added some DuoCal to go from 23 kcals to 28 kcals an ounce.  She threw that feed up!  Tried it again the next time and she was fine with it.  I didn't put it back in for the rest of the week...Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and now Saturday with no vomit!  Amazing!  Guess we'll see the true results on Tuesday at her weight check!  If the lower calories but more volume and no vomit will help or not.  Plus in a couple weeks I can add natural calorie boosters to the formula!

At Whitney's feeding therapy appointment this week, she got to play in a tub of beans!  At first she was nervous of  it, then actually got in and had fun playing.  The therapist said it was to help with Whitney's sensory issues.  She also played with some baby food and rice puffs and dipped some dum-dum suckers in it.  Whitney actually tasted the suckers!  The rootbeer flavor three times and the bubble gum flavor once.  So that day, I went and bought all of that to try it at home!  Whitney loves it, but for me, it's kind of a big, expensive, mess! LOL. 




Beans.  (forgot the type) 20lbs for $10 from Costco.  Cheaper than Pinto Beans.








Toys.







A baby.

























cute video 

No comments:

Post a Comment