Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lost weight

Yeah, I know, it sucks that she lost weight.  Now she back down to 16 lbs 14 oz.  It's weird because she was even throwing up less.  But I figured it out... I wasn't feeding her enough!  I feel terrible, but I blame the DR.'s! I was feeding her a mere 720 ml's and thought she was throwing up because it was too much.

  But after speaking with the GI doc saying she should be getting 900 ml's  or 1200 to catchup, I starting feeding her 900 ml's a day with the same amount of vomit as before!  I also th He even said that she either needs a fundoplication or gastrostomy-jejunostomy tube (GJ). He's says GJ tube to try first because with that it goes into the small intestines and she has to be on a continuous drip, which does not sound fun! I've heard lots of complications with the fundo and I don't want her to have another surgery.  He also put Whitney on another medication called Bethenachol which helps strengthen the esophagus. So far I don't see improvement but we'll keep at it.

So lets just pray that I just need to feed her more and she will gain weight better and be healthier and stronger. 

 But I'm really hoping that she will gain weight with this larger amount of formula.  She is actually starting to feel heavier to me.  Also she has so much more energy!...Whitney use to take two, two hour naps a day and recently although I try to still stick with that schedule, she's only taking one short nap a day! 

I think she will always vomit because her diaphragm is weak and her sphincter is weak too and of course her reflux.  But I've noticed that she throws up when I make the change from goat milk at night to Neocate Jr. in the morning.  She tolerates it the rest of the day though and doesn't vomit when she's on Goat milk again.

The feeding therapist suggested that we let her play in more food.  Make a batch of Mac and Cheese and let her play in it on a table clothe outside on the patio.  I should try it soon.  She also says that Whitney is not a canidate for an inpatient feeding program because she is still way to sensitive to food and that thier negative reinforcement would make it worse.  Plus the only one close is in Colorado. 

Whitney is now getting 150 ml's (5oz) over a half hour when awake and the same amount but over and hour while asleep.  I feed her every four hours through out the day and night.  As seen by the last posted video sitting in the high chair and seeing food makes her so anxious and she ends up vomitting.  So sometimes we'll just play together in an enclosed area so that I'm not running around with her holding the pump, plus the motion makes her sick. 














No comments:

Post a Comment