Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mic-key button change & Start BD!

Went to the pediatric surgeons office on monday to have whitney's g-tube mic-key button changed.  Everybody there loves Whitney and her long hair and her tap dancing!  My mom and I held Whitney down while the surgeon changed the button.  Whitney started crying when we held her down so I don't think it really hurt her.  I got to see the hole.  It was dark inside, lol, what else.  Not much to look at but very interesting.  The change wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  But I don't think I'd be able to do it on my own yet.  It's not like the NG tube were they make you change it in the hospital till your comfortable doing it yourself at home.  So I think I'll have the surgeon do it again in three months.  I technically know how to do it if there was an emergency.  It's just like I explain in a previous post. 

Whitney gained 2 ounces this week.  Now she weighs 17 lbs 9 oz. I've increased her volume to 1000 ml's. Pretty amazing, I never thought she'd ever tolerate this much!


12-1 AM 150 ml's

4-5 AM 150 ml's

8-8:30 AM 180 ml's

12-12:30 PM 180 ml's

4-4:30 PM 180 ml's

8-8:30 PM 180 ml's

ToTal = 1,000 ml's





















wearing a makshift belly belt




Also!... today I started the blenderized diet (BD)!  I added 1 oz of jarred baby puree (sweet potato)  to 5 oz of her Goat's Milk Formula.  I blended it for a second and it was a little bit frothy.  I ran the 6 oz in the Joey pump over half an hour as usual.  Half an hour after that, while she was just playing and walking around a little, she threw part of it up!  I was pretty disappointed.  I thought she wouldn't throw up real food!  She hasn't throw up in a few weeks!  That was her 8 AM meal sitting in the high chair.

The next meal was just the formula.  At her 4 PM feed though I decided to add oatmeal cereal.  I blended up 2 tbsp of cereal and added it to 6 oz (180mls) of formula and blended it a little bit again.  Whitney tolerated that!  Yay, no vomit!  Although at the end it did get clogged in the bag because I used the Joey pump.  Hopefully by the time we get to full BD, she'll be able to tolerate it faster via sryinge bolus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment